Friday, September 5, 2008

Major Accomplishment - FINALLY!!!

Well, it was hard to imagine that I would ever be able to announce this, but now I can. I am finally finished with my Master's Degree! I mailed in the last assignment this morning. It was a comprehensive type of final exam covering all of my courses. I even mailed in my graduation fee. It's hard to believe. The last year and a half I've been working on it in the middle of dealing with the keratoconus in my left eye, which simply means my face was "glued" to the screen of my laptop computer almost the entire time. Literally, though, my face was about 8 inches away most of the time, even while reading the books. But rejoice with me! The Lord is good! He gave me grace and power. Many, many times I prayed, "Lord, would You please just give me some insight here? Would You please give me perseverance? I can't go on in my own strength!" And somehow, He always answered. It never felt miraculous, but as I look back over the years it took to get this thing done, it definitely was something where God took pleasure in being in the middle of.

2 comments:

Farnsworth Forum said...

We are very happy for you. Congratulations.

Matt Anderson said...

Woot! A master finally! I can't wait for when I am a master too! ;)